Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
You have a thirst for knowledge and all things manufacturing. You thrive on creating, developing, implementing and maintaining product test solutions that drive the lowest cost of testing without compromising product integrity. You are passionate about delivering amazing user and customer experiences. Highly organized and with the know how to clearly communicate with cross-functional teams both internal and external, you will drive excellence across the organisation.
What you’ll be doing:
Your primary responsibility will be to create, define, develop, and maintain Thalmic’s Production Test Solution to ensure lowest cost of ownership for production tests whilst not compromising on product quality
- Create, develop, implement and maintain:
- a product test specification
- a product yield improvement system to support production ramp Facilitate DFT reviews with the design and production teams, and
- programs for equipment, jigs and fixtures maintenance
- Manage equipment purchase and installation
- Prepare manufacturing documentation
- Coordinate projects
- Work closely with internal and external customers and vendors to resolve issues and provide technical support
- Develop systems and layouts that follow lean manufacturing philosophies of one piece flow and kanban, with emphasis on mistake proofing
- Lead and direct meetings with other team members and hourly associates
- Manage tooling and gauge design and drawings
- Provide training and guidance to all employee levels in the operation and maintenance of new equipment
What you need:
- A BS/BA in Engineering, Computer Science or Quality/reliability related discipline and/or 3-5 years of experience in a high volume consumer electronics environment.
- Experience implementing test solution in CC+ asset or similar language
- Experience with NI Test Stand Test Management Software and python programming language or similar
- Lean manufacturing practices ( Kanban, Poke-Yoke, JIT, Value Stream Mapping) Tool and fixture design and GD&T
- Strong Project Management skills
- Strong people management skills having managed a team of Product, Test and Test software engineers
- Test specification creation experience
- Machine specification and purchase order writing
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration capabilities in addition to effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Design and application knowledge of ergonomic and machine safety standards
- Autocad/Solidworks/MS Office suite
- Responsible, team-oriented, and process aware
Bonus points for:
- Experience in working with high-volume contract manufacturers and have an understanding for manufacturing needs such as Dfx, process control and inspection standards
- Comfortable working with electronic hardware, tools, fixtures, and gauges