Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
You will be responsible for creating and developing a best in class Supply Chain strategy to support our retail and manufacturing goals and objectives. Like everything else we do, the role calls for not only a creative thinker but a remorseless drive for attainment both internally and externally. An experienced professional with a thirst for knowledge, you are at home creating and developing a supply chain from the ground up. Highly organised and with the know how to clearly communicate with and align cross-functional teams, both internal and external, you will drive excellence across the organization.
What you’ll be doing:
- Set and manage execution of the purchasing and supply chain strategy to meet Thalmic’s global growth plans. Maximum flexibility at minimum cost.
- Develop process improvement objectives and strategies to better execute operational initiatives and communicate with key leadership to drive change.
- Set commodity/process supplier selection strategies that create relationships with recognized technology leaders. Establish direct relationships with all "strategic" suppliers to negotiate pricing, payment and supply terms for both direct and indirect purchases.
- Drive supplier scorecards and supplier performance.
- Develop and implement inventory, forecasting and planning programs.
- Set and manage monthly S&OP meetings
- Provide leadership to staff including personal and professional development.
- Set and Manage budgets related to supply chain function.
- Develop and implement planning KPIs and reporting requirements.
What you need:
- Degree or diploma in the Supply Chain Management profession or equivalent related education; C.P.P. or SCMP designation an asset
- Minimum 15 years or purchasing experience within a high volume, high mix, configure to order consumer electronics environment
- Outstanding negotiation and mediation/conflict resolution skills
- Strong organisational and communication skills (written and verbal) Ability to work in an organized, efficient manner with a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Team player with excellent people skills
- Results oriented but approachable; highly organized with solid time and project management skills
- Ability to work during evenings to communicate with remote suppliers as may be required
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and ERP systems. Netsuite system experience an asset.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Arena(PLM) and Netsuite(PLM)
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for components such as batteries, RoHS, WEEE,etc.
- Working knowledge of both inbound and outbound logistics process.