Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
You’re an innovative and strategic retail and creative expert who wants to make a big impact on business goals and develop an exciting new brand in an emerging tech category. Connecting a brand with customers to create/deepen relationships is second nature for you, and you have a knack for both strategy and execution. You are not afraid to fail, as long as you learn from it. You embody the brands you work on and inspire both employees and consumers equally. You are charismatic, highly-organized, self-motivated, hands-on, adaptable and a team player who can seamlessly work with product and marketing teams, to provide thought leadership and drive results.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the vision for all retail and experiential initiatives that impact the consumer experience physically and visually
- Drive the process for collaboration between product, marketing and retail teams to design, develop and implement visual merchandising, POP and experiential programs
- Develop display concepts, graphics, experiential and visual merchandising programs that optimize brand, product messaging, storytelling, and locally relevant retail opportunities
- Collaborate with key functional areas of retail and marketing leadership to assign appropriate resources to programs and projects
- Manage visual merchandising logistics and offer support on areas such as display fabrication, shipping and optimizing resources across regions, material approvals and sourcing, and timing challenges
- Build a strong retail marketing team consisting of retail operations, logistics, marketing and sales leaders
- Optimize team dynamics and foster a productive work environment through leadership and collaboration
- Advising the Chief Marketing Officer on all elements of the retail and creative strategy
What you’ll need:
- BA or equivalent in Marketing, Communication, Advertising, Media and Technology or related studies
- 10+ years of design experience
- 5+ years retail experience
- 8+ years of managing and building teams
- 8+ years of project management
- Superior communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience in developing brands from strategy through execution
- Proven ability to interpret and absorb data and translate into strategic recommendations
- Strong sense of accountability, ownership and ability to coach down, up and across levels & geographies
- Excellent consumer-centric communication design skills, as well as highly developed sense of creative excellence
- Experience managing (or within) agencies on brand-building and retail projects
- A self-starter mindset with the organizational skills to flourish in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, team-oriented environment