You’re an administrative professional with exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills. You excel in a fast-paced environment and can manage and prioritize tasks across a variety of departments. You’re quick, responsive, and have specific experience with coordinating and booking travel. You’ve worked previously as an administrative assistant, receptionist, office coordinator, or office manager, and are looking for a new challenge. You’ll be responsible for providing comprehensive support to our Advanced R&D team as well as improving, inventing, and implementing administrative processes.
What you’ll do:
- Within the first two weeks, learn the interview coordination process and take over all Advanced R&D interview bookings and candidate handling.
- As the main point of contact, correspond with candidates and help them through the interview process while reflecting Thalmic’s high standards with an efficient and organized process.
- Schedule candidates and interviewers and arrange any travel that may be required.
- Coordinate on all aspects of the process with the Culture and Talent team.
- You’ll rely on the support of the Culture and Talent team - and similarly, you’ll occasionally help them out with their tasks from time to time.
- Within the first four weeks, learn the travel booking process and start booking travel for Advanced R&D team members.
- Book flights, hotels, transportation, according to our travel policies. Be creative about getting employees the best travel experience for the best price.
- Coordinate on all aspects of the process with the Administrative team.
- You’ll rely on the support of the Administrative team - and similarly, you’ll occasionally help them out with their tasks from time to time.
- Within the first six weeks, start handling other administrative tasks for the Advanced R&D team.
- Schedule internal and external meetings, shuffling as priorities change.
- Coordinate directly with suppliers to arrange in-person meetings and phone calls with team members.
- Draft and edit documents and presentations.
- Filing, organizing, record-keeping, documentation, and other miscellaneous administrative tasks.
- Within six months, understand more about the way the Advanced R&D team works, and make recommendations for best practices that can help the team operate more smoothly.
What you’ll need:
- A Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in a relevant field of study
- Experience in an administrative role
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office / Google Apps
- Ability to prioritize and to take initiative
- Willingness to wear multiple hats
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.