You have experience in operating and maintaining a number of buildings at a time with a mix of office, manufacturing, R&D, and lab space. Juggling a variety of tasks is what you are good at and you are comfortable with most any system in a building. You are a professional who takes the initiative and looks to anticipate problems before they occur. Effective communication is key to your success as you work to understand and resolve issues.
What you will do:
- Evaluate, repair and maintain facility technical systems including plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems in the building
- Ability to perform general labor duties, including painting, carpentry, key/lock install and repair, room set ups/teardowns, furniture maintenance, equipment delivery/moves
- Coordinates third party maintenance work on specialty systems, including production equipment, labs, emergency response and life safety equipment, keys/locks, etc.
- Receive and respond to tenant reports of complaints received and maintenance issues that may arise on the premises on a 24/7 basis
- Maintain corporate environment, health and safety procedures at all times and complies with security access control procedures
- Prepares and tests building in the event of an emergency
- Calibrates instruments and tools required for job responsibilities
- Maintain records of all maintenance and repair work
What you need:
- Experience performing tasks associated with the following trades: plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painter/drywall
- Knowledge of basic construction and routine maintenance and repair procedures
- Competent in the use of hand and power tools
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis, 50 lbs. on a frequent basis, and 100 lbs. occasionally. Must walk, climb ladders and be able to carry out demanding physical duties for the entire shift if necessary
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High school diploma
- College Certificate in Building Systems Operations (Class II preferred)
- 5+ years’ building maintenance experience
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as assigned
Bonus points for:
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in a tech start-up/scale-up environment
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.