You’re a social media expert with extensive experience managing online communities across a variety of channels. You’re an innovative thinker with big ideas on how to develop a brand via social and disrupt the marketplace. Connecting a brand with its customers to create/deepen relationships is second nature and you have a knack for strategy, execution and storytelling. When you talk social, it’s with unbridled passion and a desire to push boundaries. You’re a team player who can seamlessly work with product and marketing teams, providing thought leadership and driving results.
What you’ll do:
- Within 30 days:
- Manage all of Thalmic Labs’ day-to-day community building and social media initiatives
- Develop strategies to maximize channel awareness and traffic, including organic social media, paid campaigns, viral content, and relationship building with online communities
- Establish and track growth goals while developing ideas to continue expanding Thalmic Labs’ social reach
- Within 60 days
- Track, monitor and analyze performance of social campaigns to optimize community outreach and engagement
- Create engaging photo, video, and content for use across social channels
- Work with channel owners to create and deploy creative campaigns
- Collaborate with the broader marketing team to create cohesive marketing strategies amplified through social channels
- Support the customer service team with social media integration and ticket management
- Within 120 days
- Identify opportunities and provide thoughtful recommendations, including competitive assessment, channel/platform expansion, and integration of social media into business strategy and marketing operations
- Track emerging trends, tools and technologies and translate knowledge into business applications
- Support marketing leaders with additional duties as required
What you’ll need:
- 4+ years of social media strategy/management, client or agency side
- Proven experience overseeing social community management and using/growing various social media platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter
- Copywriting experience and the ability to bring our brand voice to life
- Mastery of social media analytics and reporting (ex: Netbase)
- A self-starter mindset with the organizational skills to flourish in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, team-oriented environment
- Willingness to travel 20% of the time
- Graphic design and/or video production skills
- Passion for emerging technology (e.g. VR, AR, IOT), travel and fashion
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.