You’re an experienced designer with an entrepreneurial spirit, strong conceptual thinking, and a passion for bringing stories to life across multiple channels. You are a team player who has vision and the desire to come forward with new ideas and contribute to the bigger picture.
What You’ll Do:
- Within 30 days
- Develop a deep understanding of Thalmic’s brand identity and act as a guardian of our visual brand
- Translate business and marketing objectives into designs that are clear, compelling and visually engaging
- Work with the content, social and email marketing teams to determine needs for self-serve creative templates that can be leveraged to efficiently create consistency across channels
- Directly support the CEO and leadership teams by designing and producing creative, impactful internal and external presentations
- Within 60 days
- Partner with the content, social and email marketing teams to produce content that efficiently moves customers through the purchase funnel (social content, blog assets, email creative)
- Work closely with the insights teams to understand how visual content is converting and help propose creative design solutions to optimize conversion
- Effectively manage multiple projects at a time, prioritizing where necessary and providing updates where relevant
- Design high-performing, on-brand emails, landing pages, digital ads, social media assets, print materials, signage and other marketing materials
- Within 120 days,
- Take Thalmic’s visual identity to the next level by evolving brand guidelines to include robust online, mobile, interactive and print applications
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across the organization to provide guidance and communicate design decisions to various stakeholders, including those without design knowledge
- Develop and deliver creative content that will build brand equity and support business objectives
What You'll Need:
- 4+ years of professional design experience on an internal creative team or at a design firm/agency
- Degree in Graphic Design, Art, Marketing, or a related field
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC and Sketch, and the desire to continuously hone your design skills
- A strong portfolio showcasing your ability to work across multiple channels (social, digital, email, web, print)
- Sophisticated design aesthetic with command of typography, layout, color, and communication design principles
- Strong time management and prioritization skills with the ability to multitask and meet quick turn-around deadlines
- A self-starter mindset with the organizational skills to flourish in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, team-oriented environment
- A genuine passion for design - you keep up with current trends in color, media, technology and other design influencers
Bonus points for:
- Experience in B2C tech/eCommerce
- Photo retouching skills
- Video editing and/or motion graphics skills
- Basic CSS and/or HTML proficiency
- A passion for emerging technology (e.g. VR, AR, IOT)
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.