You are a creative and resourceful Manufacturing Engineer with a proven track record of executing projects on time in an NPI environment. You will be responsible for bringing development processes into mass production by delivering on production quality/yield, process capability and throughput. In this role you will interact heavily with various members of the Engineering, R&D, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and Quality Teams, resolving complex problems. We are looking for someone with 5+ years in a Manufacturing Engineering role, with bonus points for working in high volume, consumer electronics environment.
- Within 15 days,
- Fully understand the components of our product by reviewing available documentation and meeting with various subject matter experts
- Understand previous iterations of the design and the differences / challenges between each spin
- Obtain a deep understanding of the current state of the Manufacturing Process Flow while looking for opportunities to improve it
- Become proficient with Thalmic’s Manufacturing Systems (JIRA, Confluence, Netsuite, Arena)
- Shadow one of our Manufacturing Engineers for several days and support their activities
- Complete all Health and Safety / Manufacturing Training
- Within 30 days,
- Learn how to operate specialized equipment in one of our key Manufacturing Areas
- Identify inefficiencies within our current manufacturing process (material handling, layout, process capability/yield, equipment utilization) and come up with a plan to address them
- Help define requirements for mass production fixtures / equipment
- Work with a cross functional team to design and implement solutions that meet Thalmic’s mass production CAPEX / OPEX targets
- Within 60 days,
- Lead the commissioning activities in one of our key Manufacturing Cells (Gauge R&R, safety pre-starts, documentation, training, calibration procedures)
- Optimize all processes to improve capability, yield and throughput
- Support Engineering in the validation of the design to ensure the product meets all Critical to Quality performance measures
- Support the Operations team during the PVT phase
- Define maintenance and calibration strategy for all fixtures
- Formalize Rework/Repair flow
- Finalize mass production layout
Bonus points for:
- 5+ years experience in a Manufacturing Engineering role
- Work experience in the consumer electronics industry
- Experience working with Optics, complex fixtures, and intricate assemblies
- Hands on experience with automated equipment including thermal chambers/systems, wet benches, assembly & robotic systems
- Participated in the transition from NPI to Mass Production
- Experience with statistical analysis and 6 sigma concepts such as Cp/CPk, GR&R, DOEs
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.