You have a passion for helping individuals and teams become more efficient. Whether dealing with engineering teams or other business functions, you have the ability to identify impediments to productivity and craft solutions to eliminate them. You are as comfortable taking specific direction on a path forward as you are having to chart your own direction. Finding innovative solutions to tough challenges excites you and you have the ability to convert ideas into reality. You love solving other people’s problems.
What you’ll do:
- Design and build tools and infrastructure to help engineering teams (both software and hardware) increase their velocity and effectiveness
- Work closely with internal users throughout the development process to understand their needs and rapidly iterate on solutions
- Operate and continue to improve and extend our continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) infrastructure
- Develop software for many platforms: desktop (Windows, Mac, Linux), mobile (Android, iOS), and web
- Develop CLIs, GUIs, and APIs to address different needs and types of users
- Integrate, extend, and maintain existing tools and infrastructure
- Identify opportunities to adopt and adapt new tools and techniques from the wider industry
What you need:
- Strong coding skill in at least one of C++, Java, or Python
- Proven ability to quickly learn and work with new tools and technologies
- Experience developing software for a range of platforms across desktop, mobile, and web
- Experience with continuous integration and/or deployment tools (TeamCity, CircleCI, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience developing and extending development tools
- Experience collaborating with development groups to establish processes
- Strong ability to work independently as well as with highly cross-functional teams
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with a VCS (preferably git)
- Degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent (in lieu of degree, minimum four years of relevant work experience)
Bonus points for:
- Experience with system administration, scripting, and automation
- Experience with containerization technology such as Docker
- Experience in deployment and testing of n-tier applications
- People leadership experience
- Proficiency with other programming and scripting languages
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.