Priorities, processes, partnerships and planning. These words might make some run the other way, but you love nothing more than aiming for clarity and alignment in a rapidly-changing startup environment. You have a project management background with an understanding of the complexity of retail. Your calm demeanor and positive attitude make you an effective leader in driving informed decisions and agreements across cross-functional partnerships. You build fast partnerships with vendors and understand how to effectively lead their scope. You are the best example of a great teammate and a confident leader. You're steadfast, sincere, and possess a keen sense of empathy.
Within 30 days
- Immerse yourself in retail strategy and develop / refine retail model to achieve strategic objectives.
- Build relationships with key retail vendors and internal cross-functional partners.
- Challenge current assumptions, introduce identify potential operational risks, and propose flexible solutions to address these risks.
- Partner with manufacturing supply chain team and build a process for end to end product delivery.
Within 60 days
- Build, create, and own operational workback schedule for Go To Market Strategy with cross-functional partners.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on retail operational milestones and keeping all teams informed on overall development.
- Develop, refine and test retail inventory procedures, accuracy counts and organization.
- Manage vendor budget and overall real estate development timelines, mitigating issues and communicating plans to leadership
- Develop comprehensive fulfillment procedures that support the go to market plan
Within 90 days
- Create, develop and lead vendor network for overseeing and handling logistical, and operational procedures for running day-to-day retail environment
- Build out store systems and processes and deal with operational issues as they come up in operating the store on a day to day basis
- Create and implement process improvement projects that help Thalmic scale and grow our retail presence
- Identify and implement strategies that support financial and operational goals
What You’ll Need:
- Experience in Project Management for large-scale projects or Retail Operations Background in a new store opening setting
- Excellent written and oral communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Deadline and detail-oriented. Extraordinary problem-solving, negotiation, and organizational skills. Excellent multi-tasker. Proven ability to work as part of a dynamic team.
- Capable of leading through influence and holding project leads accountable to the greater project goals
- Able to maintain a positive, confident attitude, be a source of team morale, and at all times stay composed and effective
- Insatiable hunger to learn new things, foster relationships across the team, and challenge the organization to build something phenomenal
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in retail, hospitality, or customer service
- Experience with Google Suite, Slack, and Confluence
- Experience working in a hardware development product cycle
- Organizational agility – can manage upward in flat organization while still keeping all partners involved.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.