Priorities, processes, and planning. These words might make some run the other way, but you love nothing more than driving for clarity and alignment in a startup and rapidly-changing environment. You are a details wizard but are just as comfortable advocating for the big picture as well. Your calm demeanor and positive attitude make you an effective leader in driving informed decisions and agreements across cross-functional partnerships. You are the best example of a team player and a fearless leader. You're steadfast, sincere, and possess a keen sense of empathy. You know when to push and when to pull.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the retail operations track, policies and procedures, and retail systems work stream. Work across the organization with responsibilities including executing the operational in-store employee strategy and experience:
- Sourcing / Hiring / Job Descriptions
- Training (Instructional Design Management, Training Delivery)
- Operational and Logistical process flows / work streams
- Inventory management / logistics
- Day-to-day for retail spaces
- Store setup, guidance, communications
- Create Policies and Procedures
- Lead retail systems and retail systems integration
- Anticipate risks, challenges, and issues and create a plan to mitigate any that arise
- Manage any in-store issues and act as the main point of contact for retail teams
- Support the in-store customer experience
- Guide the in-store teams and inspire them to understand and align with the company vision; help them to understand the tactical details that drive success
- Drive the master plan and adjust resources as needed based on executive direction and new opportunities
- Partner across the organization to align schedules and resource allocation and to help bring meaningful solutions for any risk points to the leadership team
- Regularly interact with cross-functional leaders, negotiate with partners, or influence senior-level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of operations experience required
- Experience leading teams on complex projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Ability to influence leadership on key decisions
- Strong project management, organizational, and creative thinking skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to lead the development of processes and implement systems to build a successful prioritization workflow
- Highly-composed attitude in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Familiarity with marketing, advertising, and branding principles and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including email, phone, and face-to-face
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate toward positive outcomes
- Ability to lead teams and work cross functionally on multiple assignments of varying complexities, enabling them to meet tight deadlines and collaborate well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail, which includes proofreading with a high level of accuracy
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Keynote, Numbers, or Excel
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.