You are passionate about accounting and about delivering timely and accurate financial reporting. You’ve developed a strong attention to detail and nothing gets past you. You love nothing more than diving in and taking on interesting and challenging projects that support the accounting function and the business as a whole. You’re interested in handling as many of the accounting activities as you can, to take pride in knowing they’ve all been completed properly and accurately.
You will be integrating technology with innovative thinking to execute and improve upon numerous accounting duties. You will drive improvements in processes and automation to support the efficient scaling of the growing accounting department.
- Within your first month:
- Participate in transactional processing for the company, including accounts payable processing and month-end closing activities
- Master the financial reporting processes at the company to be able to handle each aspect independently
- Familiarize yourself with key contracts and agreements that have a significant or complex impact on the financial reporting
- Forge relationships and collaborate with key personnel in Purchasing and throughout the organization, as well as with key vendors
- Within your first 3 months:
- Create and manage tracking of complex and high-risk areas within financial reporting, such as key contracts and agreements
- Define and establish the proper US GAAP accounting treatment for revenue recognition of the company’s future products
- Streamline tracking and reporting for company subsidiaries and manage the overall consolidation
- Support and review transactional processing and financial reporting on departments and projects
- After your first 3 months:
- Continue to identify areas for continuous improvement and proceed in developing the necessary processes and systems
- Champion the month-end process and ensure timely and accurate financial reporting
- Establish relationships with auditors and tax consultants to collaborate in proactively addressing complex matters before they become issues
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting (or related field)
- CPA designation
- 5-7 years of experience in accounting roles
- Extremely strong attention to detail with a keen focus on accuracy of numbers and financial data
- Unparalleled organizational skills to ensure that no tasks or issues are ever missed or forgotten
- Capable of taking on and handling tasks independently, as well as working with different levels within the organization
- Keen analytical abilities with a capacity to proactively assess and investigate potential deficiencies and inaccuracies in financial reporting
- Adept at both oral and written communication across all departments in an organization
- Enhanced problem-solving skills along with the capacity to devise innovative solutions to tweak and improve accounting processes
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, accounting systems, ERPs, as well as general tech savvy to adapt to different platforms
Bonus points for:
- Experience in a tech start-up environment
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience using NetSuite, especially with respect to integrating different NetSuite modules
- Experience in each major accounting function as part of full-cycle accounting
- Strong knowledge of and experience with US GAAP
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.