Priorities, processes, and planning. These words might make some run the other way, but you love nothing more than driving for clarity and alignment in a rapidly-changing startup environment. You are a details wizard; you are data driven and highly analytical, but are just as comfortable advocating for the big picture. Your calm demeanor and positive attitude make you an effective leader in driving informed decisions and agreements across cross-functional partnerships. You are the best example of a team player and a fearless leader. You're steadfast, sincere, and possess a keen sense of empathy.
- Within 30 days
- Immerse yourself in retail strategy and develop / refine retail model to achieve strategic objectives.
- Challenge current assumptions, introduce potential risks, and build a flexible model that addresses priorities and optimizes efficiencies.
- Partner across the organization to develop an accessory strategy for retail to be implemented at launch
- Communicate key staffing metric methodology, rationale and financial impact to a diverse audience
- Partner with supply chain team and build a process for end to end product delivery
- Within 60 days
- Develop comprehensive fulfillment procedures that support the go to market plan
- Define and create policies and procedures
- Provide analysis, insight and recommendations on existing processes, including resource reporting, staffing guidance and expansion models
- Within 90 days
- Create and implement process improvement projects that help Thalmic scale and grow our retail presence
- Identify and implement strategies that support financial and operational goals
- Develop strategic vendor strategy optimizing existing costs and creating efficiencies
What You’ll Need:
- Finance and financial modeling background
- Strong empathy for consumer needs and ability to translate them into products that improve their lives
- Excellent written and oral communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Deadline and detail-oriented. Exceptional problem-solving, negotiation, and organizational skills. Excellent multi-tasker. Proven ability to work as part of a fast-paced team.
- Capable of leading through influence and holding project leads accountable to the greater project goals
- Able to maintain a positive, confident attitude, be a source of team morale, and at all times stay composed and effective
- Insatiable hunger to learn new things, foster relationships across the team, and challenge the organization to build something great
Bonus points for:
- High level of interest and aptitude in both operational finance and data management & visualization processes
- Experience working in retail, hospitality, or customer service
- Experience with Google Suite, Slack, and Confluence
- Experience working in a hardware development product cycle
- Organizational agility – can manage upward in flat organization while still keeping all stakeholders involved.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.