You’re a marketing automation expert who obsesses over optimizing conversion for every step of the customer journey. You get the whole picture: the what, how, and why of segmentation and targeting, testing and creative development. You’re knowledgeable about marketing automation solutions and have experience creating triggered email and mobile lifecycle programs that span across the entire purchase funnel. You have experience working cross-functionally with product, product marketing, insights & analytics, and content teams to design and launch campaigns. You’re excited about working with a small team where you are constantly learning and honing your skills.
What you’ll do:
- Within 30 days,
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer journey and purchase funnel
- Learn the ins and outs of Thalmic’s marketing automation software stack
- Define ongoing data needs for segmentation, personalization, and triggered campaigns to drive customer conversion
- Work with design and development teams to establish and roll out new email marketing assets
- Within 60 days,
- Lead the day-to-day management of marketing automation tools to support the setup, launch, and ongoing monitoring of lifecycle marketing campaigns
- Partner with other teams to optimize campaign execution across multiple owned channels (email, SMS, and push) and analyze metrics including open rate, CTR, engagement, and sales
- Work with the product marketing team to deeply understand customer use cases and deploy content to help onboard and educate new customers
- Partner with product marketing, content, and design teams to develop key messages, themes, and assets that resonate with our audience
- Work across multiple pieces of software to create complex automated experiences (website, owned channels, internal systems, etc.) to move people through the customer journey
- Within 120 days,
- Lead the ongoing strategic planning and implementation of new lifecycle marketing touch points with the goal of optimizing the purchase funnel
- Stay on top of industry trends and consistently champion new ideas to help optimize lifecycle marketing practises
What you’ll need:
- 4+ years of experience in a lifecycle and/or email marketing function, preferably in a B2C organization
- Proficiency in marketing automation and email technology such as Emarsys, Marketo, or Pardot
- Experience setting up A/B testing scenarios and control groups
- Knowledge of best practices for email deliverability, segmentation, and subject lines
- Experience managing the design and development of digital creative assets
- Basic graphic design and CSS/HTML proficiency
- Detail oriented mindset with excellent written communication and copywriting skills
- Ability to communicate technically across development, product and creative teams
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communication, Advertising or equivalent
Bonus points for:
- B2C tech/eCommerce experience, particularly launching consumer hardware products
- Experience working at startup or agency
- Passion for emerging technology (e.g. VR, AR, IOT)
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.