You’re a passionate and talented designer with strong UX/UI chops. You think holistically about visual design, interaction design, and user experience. You’re a conceptual and visual thinker who creates inspiring digital experiences that delight their audiences while achieving tangible marketing goals. You are a team player who has vision and the desire to come forward with new ideas and contribute to the bigger picture.
- Use your unique design skills to maintain and evolve our brand identity, including the development of icons and infographics as needed
- Collaborate with a team to wireframe the best customer journey flow to purchase
- Collaborate with developers throughout production and testing to ensure an excellent user experience
- Update website design and flow as we learn new insights on how to improve
- Art direct photography for use on our website and beyond
- Collaborate with video producers to concept/produce on-brand videos
- Create landing pages to support external campaigns
- Create visual assets to be used in social channels
- Partner with product, UX/UI, and creative teams to build continuity across all marketing touch points
- Collaborate with creative team on campaign development
- Mentor junior designers to help elevate their abilities and knowledge of best practices
You will need:
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience driving compelling web design at a design firm, agency or internal brand/creative team
- A strong portfolio showcasing a breadth of creative work across multiple channels, with recent work in digital.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, HTML and CSS.
- Availability to work onsite full-time at our facility in Kitchener, Ontario
- Prior experience in evolving and evangelizing brand style systems and usage guidelines across internal teams
- Proven ability to prioritize and deliver exceptional design within project timelines.
- Passion for emerging wearable technology
- A self-starter mindset with the organizational skills to flourish in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, team-oriented environment
- Degree in Design
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with an eCom platform like Shopify or Magento
- Print production experience
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.