You are a driven and passionate technical project manager with experience in the manufacturing, automation and/or technology industry. You have cross functional experience with hardware, manufacturing, automation, software and system engineering teams. You are comfortable working in a very technical environment and representing the customer from a quality perspective.
You possess a broad technical knowledge base, grounded in a technical degree and rounded out through experience working in highly technical environments.
You enjoy a challenge and love solving complex issues. You have a meticulous eye for detail and can hold teams accountable when they miss deliverables. You are flexible and able to react quickly in dynamic environments. You get stuff done.
What you'll do:
- Develop and maintain with your peers in other teams a coordinated schedule and budget
- Identify and manage key milestones, dependencies, as well as risks. Proactively manage and mitigate them.
- Utilize a full range of organizational and interpersonal skills to manage an overall program delivery plan by partnering with peers in engineering, marketing, and manufacturing
- Drive both inter and intra-team communications establishing a consistent rhythm and delivering accurate project snapshot for all stakeholders. Communicate status and health of the releases as it impacts internal stakeholder teams.
- Track and translate complex discussions into clear, actionable tasks, and next steps.
- Identify resource needs and work closely with the team leads to maintain full visibility to team roadblocks that could impact execution
- Ensures Product experience documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review
- Establish measurable metrics to monitor the team’s health and institute ways of constantly improving it through inspiration and clarity.
- Serve as a dependable point of contact/link for cross-functional teams across offices.
- Work with peers to install and improve sustainable processes in a fast-changing, dynamic environment.
- See the big picture, be agile and adapt to a complex and changing plan, able to identify the critical path and not get lost in the detail.
- Support and execute special team activities that build culture and drive clarity of purpose including team offsite and team onsite events.
What you need:
- Experience as a program or project manager, executing multiple CE or hardware-software products from concept to production to maintenance.
- Strong passion for delivering an incredibly high-quality product that meets product, design, and business goals.
- Versatile experience to empathize and understand product management, design, research, and engineering team needs
- Excellent written and oral communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions.
- Deadline and detail-oriented. Exceptional problem-solving, negotiation, and organizational skills. Excellent multi-tasker. Proven ability to work as part of a fast-paced team.
- Capable of leading through influence; holding project leads accountable to the greater project goals
- Successful in fast-paced environment that requires independent time management, creativity, task prioritization, flexibility, and keen ability to identify problems and proactively work towards solutions
- Skill and experience dealing with smart people and facilitating teams to find solutions to tough problems
- Familiarity with project and issue tracking and version control software
- Able to maintain a positive, confident attitude, be a source of team morale, and at all times stay composed and effective.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.