You have a thirst for knowledge and want to do things differently. Committed to the provision of the highest levels of customer satisfaction and with previous experience in the assembly of high volume high mix consumer electronics products, you are highly organized, a great communicator and want to continuously drive process and quality improvement.
What you’ll be doing:
- Execute daily build plan based on inputs from the MPS, Engineering, Quality, etc.
- Possess assembly skills to support execution of any step within the Manufacturing Cell
- Assist with training and quality feedback of assemblers / operators on the production line
- Responsible for providing first level support for all manufacturing issues and working closely with Engineering and Quality to escalate/resolve any roadblocks
- Closely monitor inventory and consumables levels and trigger reorder requests to the Supply Chain Team
- Responsible for monitoring and communicating Production build status to all relevant stakeholders
- Provide timely feedback on execution related issues
- Facilitate / Lead Material Review Board (MRB) meetings on a weekly basis
- Enforce manufacturing cycle counts and regularly backflush material to ensure inventory accuracy
- Create and close production work orders in Netsuite
- Lead by example by adhering to all company quality standards, policies, and procedures
- Ultimately accountable for meeting Master Production Schedule (MPS)
- Responsible to ensure a safe work environment, with all employees using proper PPE and safe guarding equipment is being used. Must be aware of all the hazards of the area they are working.
- Provides support and backup to Production Manager, when required
What you need:
- Technician / Technologist diploma or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years in a leadership role
- 3+ years of previous experience in high volume consumer electronics
- Mechanical/Electrical aptitude
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Responsible, team-oriented, and process aware
- Can do attitude
- Self-motivated with an ability to work in a constantly changing environment
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, etc.
- Able to work shift work
Bonus Points For:
- Experience working a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience working in high volume consumer electronics
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.