You are intellectually curious and have a hunger for understanding consumer behavior. You know the difference between data and insights and can use the two to optimize marketing strategy. Not only do you excel in providing insights to drive strategic development, but you're also a numbers wizard and strive to measure the effectiveness of these strategies throughout the customer journey. You know how to juggle numerous projects at once and are a go-to for analysis across the organization.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Within two weeks:
- You’ll have a thorough understanding of Thalmic and current research initiatives supporting the organization, from Marketing to Product to Manufacturing
- Within a month, you’ll be supporting the Marketing Strategy and Operations Manager across research initiatives:
- Implementation of primary qualitative and quantitative research at every stage of the process—survey design and methodology, vendor selection and management, questionnaire development and moderation analysis
- Identify and manage outside vendors—actively engaging and leveraging partner insights, negotiating contracts, confidentiality and processing invoices
- Synthesize primary research with secondary and third party data for actionable consumer insights rooted in industry/consumer trends
- Provide relevant data and insights to contribute to campaign briefing materials, including creative briefs and campaign strategies
- Within four months, you’ll be setting up the infrastructure and process to measure marketing effectiveness:
- Analyze media performance and brand/product campaigns—including digital media (display banners, paid search, O/P/E social, CRM), offline media (print, experiential) and website data (DAU, MAU, CTRs)
- Manage internal tools used for analysis (Google Analytics, social intelligence, marketing automation, POS system, etc.)
- Develop reports (automated or ad-hoc) that showcases marketing effectiveness and ROI by campaigns or marketing channel (including measuring CPC and CPA)
- Analyze and identify areas of inefficient spend or bring attention to media strategies that are effective in driving lower-funnel consumer action
- Manage brand tracking solution to determine brand and product health metrics. Report results and insights, coupled with additional metrics garnered through KPI tracking efforts
- Monitor and identify key consumer, competitor, industry, and cultural trends relevant to business objectives
What You’ll Need:
- 3-5 years of research or analytics experience required
- Highly proficient with Google Analytics and other digital tracking platforms
- Familiarity with integrated e-commerce platforms such as Shopify or Salesforce
- Familiarity with marketing and research principles and best practices
- Ability to lead research assignments from the methodology stage through execution and analysis
- Strong project management, organizational, and creative thinking skills, with the ability to juggle numerous projects or research studies simultaneously
- Ability to work cross functionally on multiple assignments of varying complexities
- Highly-composed attitude in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Strong attention to detail, which includes proofreading with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including email, phone, and face-to-face
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Numbers and Excel
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with tools such as Tableau, Domo, Omniture, Google Data Studio and Google AdWords
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.